Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Remember college.....

Not like this:
Welcome to BinghamtonUniversity.com!



If I could come up wtih THE most inaccurate depiction of my four years at Binghamton University, THAT'S the picture I would use- BUT that's the image I got when I accidently went to binghamtonuniversity.com instead of binghamton.edu. CLEARLY an unofficial webiste with a VERY unofficial picture of the place!

And that caption on top! Insinuating that Binghamton University welcomes you with a hammock on a beach and alludes to the possibility that there's a waiter off to the side with a frozen drink just WAITING for you! (There's NOT!) I loved Binghamton and I'm happy that that's the place I decided to go to college.... but let's be honest with ourselves and to future attendees: there are no frozen drinks! Well...sometimes at themed frat parties they attempt them but in those cases you're drinking them at this place and places like this:


and your memories end at about midnight due to the grain alchohol used.

Also- there's no SUN in Binghamton! The places exudes deadness. There are several days in the spring and fall when we saw sun, but we treated those like the first coming and there are definitely no hammocks involved.

Like I said, super happy to have gone, lots of great feelings towards the place, but there are going to be some pretty disappointed 18 year olds in the Southern Tier next fall.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home