Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Winning and Losing

I FOUND 20 BUCKS! On the street! Kinda cool right?

Wrong. SUPER WRONG!

No one was around... there was a 20 dollar bill in front of my feet... and it would have been just plain STUPID not to pick it up. I had reservations though. Why? BECAUSE this does not mean that I am twenty dollars plus! It means that I am about to be an estimated two hundred and sixty dollars in the neg (ative).

Finding 20 dollars is a dangerous thing for me,a person who is normally a semi-cautious spender. I have already spent this 20 approx. 4 times really, really, unecessarily with the reasoning being "well I DID just find a twenty." I also have plans to spend that 20 in various ways this weekend and this evening including, but not limited to: a new black wrap sweater, new jeans, a denim skirt, a new sundress, espadrilles and a mani/pedi. (You do not need to point out, I do realize, that most, if not all of these things listed do not come close to costing 20 dollars. This is part of the irrationality that comes with me finding 20 dollars on the street.)

After this spending stage ends I'm going to recoil with a "I have to make up for spending that 20 so many times." Which will lead me to be really cheap for about 4 days (LUNCH!?!? I don't need LUNCH!) It's a cycle that takes a while to end in my brain, and I suppose,(but am not somehow as concerned about) my wallet.

I'm thinking though, as is with Seinfeld's theory (Ew. I am referencing sitcoms now? I swear, just this once.) that I found this 20 to just to even something else out.

CASE IN POINT: This morning I accidently put my weekly Metro card in the mailbox along with my mail.

"Well. I did just find that 20."

4 Comments:

At 1:16 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

When I told this girl I work with that i lost my favorite jacket this week, she said that someone once told her that when you lose something, it is a sign that someone else really needed it. I wanted to believe that might be true. But you know some girl with like 10 jackets found it and is wearing it while on her way to a mani-pedi.

 
At 9:30 AM, Blogger Helen said...

I'm so sorry you lost your fave jacket. I loved that jacket too.

Also I'm glad that you're finally fessing up to who you are and not leaving comments as "anonymous" or as "j"- that totally confuses my mom.

 
At 3:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, that Jen was totally shady!

 
At 9:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You mailed your Metro card?!!
.....and found the 20. It must be my even out theory.

Thanks to those who sign their names -- I would not say it confuses me, just leaves me very curious!
Mom Figure

 

Post a Comment

<< Home