Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Are you there God? It's me, Marissa Cooper.

Yesterday I recieved an email informing me that things I reserved have come into the library around the corner for me. I did not look at what had come and being that my reserve list is at it's max, I had no idea what it could be. It's mostly plays, but I've reserved CDs, books for my yoga papers and audiobooks for research regarding the audiobook demo I'm looking to put together.

I got up to the counter and gave the man my card.

He came out with THREE PAPERBACK ROMANCE NOVELS!

"WOHHHHHHH! NOT MINE!"

They weren't even Danielle Steele. NOT that I would EVER read Danielle Steele! No WAY! But these weren't even them-- they were NO NAME Romance Novels.

I glanced back at the woman behind me holding philosophy texts. "HAH!" I exchanged a knowing look with her and the ten people behind her. They all looked smart and relieved that they would not have to judge me. I had made it clear that they were NOT MINE!

"Oh... wrong Green." The counter man went back and as I looked back to the line for a wide eyed "Yeah... cleeeearly not mine" look he came back, "These yours?" from about 5 feet away he held up The OC Sountrack and the "Are you there God? It's Me Margaret" Audiobook.

"Yes. Those are mine."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home