Monday, May 01, 2006

Why Investment Bankers Shouldn't / Can't Marry ME?!?

Well... I ... am ... SPEECHLESS.

An investment banker previously discussed on this blog in November approached my desk today. "Mena Suvari girl." I turned.... ahhh yes.... ......ohhhh shit! I minimized the earlier "Why I Shouldn't Marry an IB" blog that I was typing when he showed up.

"What was that?"
"Just something."
"It said Helen Green, who's Helen Green?"
"Me."
"What was that? I want to see." He was closing me in.
"Did you need me for something?" (I switcheroo the subject!)
"No. I just saw that you were here again and I remember you, except now you look a hippy."
"A hippy?"
"Or a hipster."

This conversation continued like this for awhile.

He left. Moments later he showed up again.

"So I'm gonna go."
"Alright. Nice seeing you again."
"I play raquetball with a film director ."
"Cool. Tell him you know a girl who you think looks like Mena Suvari."
"No. What would be the benefit for me? I would never date you."
"Uh... " (Awwwwwkward, I can't say "You don't have that option anyway.")
"I wouldn't ever date an actress again! NO WAY!"
"Why? Because they're usually crazy?"
"No. I have a few reasons."

Why This IB Doesn't Think He Should Marry an Actress:
1. "There's no long term potential. If she get famous, she's dumping me. She's gonna say "Ohhhh you don't GET me. Biff GETS ME, he's an actor like me." "
2. "If she doesn't get famous she's always going to be like "I have to do my acting thing, I have to get auditions." And she won't pay attention to me.
3. And then "she's always going to be depressed about not being famous."'

I had good arguments to each of these ridiculous, but very entertaining statements. This is how the conversation ended:

"No. No more actresses," he says, "You shouldn't be dating Investment Bankers anyway."
"WHAT?! WHY NOT!?" (What is this man whose name I do not know DOING to me)
"I don't know. You should only date your kind."
"WHAT?.... So are you saying I should only date other actors?"
"Yeah.. or at least people who know you're gonna either dump them or be depressed. Just put it out there. It's only fair. But a succesful Vice President at an investment bank like me does NOT NEED THAT. I should date someone NORMAL. Like someone in like... marketing."

(I'll see if my friend Sarah's interested.)

This guy should start a blog.

1 Comments:

At 9:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

genius!
you NEED to write a play or a novel

 

Post a Comment

<< Home