Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Re-hired!

I am back at my old job today temporarily. This is the job that I was "fired" from. I haven't really clarified this on this blog but I was told over a weekend, in a phone call from my temp agency that I wouldn' be needed any more at my job. A job that, the past Friday, my boss had told me I was "going above and beyond the call of duty for. Great job Helen. You are so nice and I appreciate your hard work." I had been surprised that she said this, not because I hadn't been doing a good job, but because she sort of had a reputation around the office of not noticing people's efforts for her.

Then I was told not to return. And then she told me when I spoke to her on Monday that it had been a "complete mistake. Totally lack of communication. HUGE shock" to her. All of which I believe. But I'm still not rehired to that position and there's a confused looking girl sitting at my desk. My old boss sort of admitted that this was because she would look like an asshole if I reappeared at my desk.

I am on the other side of the floor now. I hope she looks like an asshole anyway.

Now, today, on my first day back, I am more unsurprised than ever that I was "accidently fired," as the people in these parts refer to it. This morning proved to me that if there was any company that would fire you by accident, it would be this one.

At about 10:30 this morning, the temp coordinator showed up at my desk professing to have been "looking all over for me." I checked my cell phone which had been on vibrate, as it is when I'm working, and the temp agency had left me not one but two messages asking "Where are you? She's looking all over for you, we assume you're on the caught on the subway. Where are you though?"

At my desk. At the desk I was supposed to be at at 9AM, but to which I showed up to at 8:45. The desk which I hadn't moved from since then.

If you were looking for someone in an office wouldn't the first place you looked be their desk? The first place to call- wouldn't it be the phone on the desk?

I could have been fired again!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home