Friday, April 14, 2006

The Rules

Do you ever feel like there was a seminar to teach people the rules about life and you weren't given an invitation?

I feel that way a lot lately.

Or that I went to a seminar, but not the right one for this world. I've felt that way before in my life but I got over it and realized that whatever I missed in the seminar I could learn as I go. BUT IF EVERYONE IS NOT GOING BY THE SAME RULES THAT I WAS TAUGHT IT'S KIND OF UNFAIR MAN!

Because my rules were much stricter. But believe me, they lead to better things. In my seminar I was taught that when you say something mean it. And follow it BECAUSE you meant. And it works out REALLY well that way! Hoorah! Because if everyone is doing it, they you can trust people! And yourself!Hoorah! Hoorah! And that when things get tangeled and you're given the opportunity to do so, you untangle them! You deal with them. You dont' run away! And that if you're unhappy and you know how to make yourself happy (in a healthy way), you do it. You don't linger in hell. You deserve it- to enjoy the world. Especially in the spring time! And when you fuck up, you admit it and don't do it again. You don't just accept it and suffer. And you allow yourself to be afraid of consequences because there will and should be some- so that you don't screw up again. And when you love someone say it, right then, out loud. Actually I learned that last one from "My Best Friends Wedding," but maybe they played that as an informational at my seminar.

Now I feel like my seminar really mislead me because NO ONE IS GOING BY THESE RULES! They are breaking them left and right with no consequences. However, I'm still a fan of what they taught me and I hope someday everyone gets an e-mail updating us all that we're switching over to the rules "from the seminar Helen Green attended."

I got a bad haircut the other day and I have to live with it now. When we make mistakes that we aren't fixing we should have to have a bad haircut to show for it. I'm suggesting that as an addendum.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home