Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Reeg's View

I used to give my boyfriend daily updates on the state of Regis Philbin's mental downfall. Regis screws up people's names constantly and often simply made no sense at all. I'd watch the chat and bookmark in my head points to prove his increasing Alzheimers driven insanity to share when my bf got home. I hung on every ridiculous word and adored when Kelly looked off, (in a non purposeful way) to the producers and gave them the "I told you yesterday- he's totally got Alzheimers" look. I'm with ya Kelly.

But it seems like Regis Philbin has got it this week! By "got it" I mean the deal. The deal at 'The View.'

On yesterdays titillating episode of "The View" Regis:

1. Alluded to the firing of Lisa Ling and Debbie Matanapolos
2. Alluded to the fact that Joy does and has always been annoyed by Star. (She didn't seem to mind this outing.)
3. Continually went back to these two topics when Barbara Walters would change the subject with the help of (Gawker donned pussy) Elisabeth Hasselbeck.
4. Suggested that maybe Star Jones would be fired to avoid awkwardness.

He got it!

But, this segment also does wonders for my theory about Regis going off the deep end. He was, of course, exposing the dirty laundry of his fellow network-mates.

Never retire Regis. Never retire.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home