Monday, February 13, 2006

I <3 Love

So, yes, this must be addresssed. It is Valentines Day tommorow. I am single. I haven't not had a Valentine since 1999. So do I hate Valentine's Day like a lot of the single female population? HELL NO!

In fact- I hate Valentine's Day haters. I hate anti- Valentines Day parties and anti-Valentine's Day chatter. And guess what's good about being single? I can vocalize my feelings about my hatred for anti-Valentine's Day sentiment. Before it would have seemed obnoxious to hate V-Day haters. Like I didn't know their pain. Well now I know the pain and I still hate the hatred. You think Valentine's day is cheesy? Well LOOK at yourself-- Valentine's Day hatred is WAY cheesier!

I'm not so into the expensive jewelry, high expectation Valentine's day. But, Valentine's Day is a great excuse to go out with the one you love, see a movie, hold hands, kiss in public, order in Thai food, kiss in private, get Vynl's brownie sundae with pistacchio brittle, buy your fave person a gift, get a little gift from said fave person and put off projects you are working on for the day without feeling guilty.

Am I jealous of those couples who will have the excuse to hold hands and kiss in public?
Absolutely.

Will I be jealous of my friends who are in loving relationships and get to express themselves to each other on this wonderful day of love?
Yes sir.

Did I get a little misty eyed watching last weeks Valentines Day episode of the OC? Especially the Seth and Summer scenes?
Maybe I did.

Am I sad that my ended subscription to US Weekly that I recieved last V-Day will be a reminder that my subscription to a loving boyfriend has apparently ran out as well?
Well yes, but my roomate brings US Mag home from work so that's only half a bummer.

But I will not scoff at the couple kissing on the street. In fact I will give them a knowing smile, as I do every morning as I wait at my UWS train station, which seems to be home base for young couples, one of whom usually wears a seemingly brand new (and usually humongous) diamond as they give each other good bye kisses and last minute morning primping before boarding the 1 train.

However, I am not bitter. (And that is not sarcastic). I am jealous, but I am not bitter. And I do not hate Valentines day, but I hate not being with a boy I love on the day of love only a bit more than every day before and after.

You can pity me people- go for it! But don't be a hater! The only reason to hate V-Day is if you hate love, in which case take tommorow to love yourself and go see a good therapist. Me? I have to work at the yoga studio till 10, but I think I see some takeout sushi in my future. Also, the yoga studio is right over Vynl, so that brownie sundae may be in my future as well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home