Friday, January 06, 2006

"My nephew's a doctor," "Mine- an accountant," "And mine is a....."

Some say internet dating isn't safe, so how does a girl get a date in this town I ask?

Perhaps a co-worker (but not Peter Braunstein), or perhaps through a mutual connection and setup. Seems safest. Not for my friend Janet.

Here is the e-mail I recieved from Janet:

Can you believe this???
On Christmas day we were at a party at my moms friends house and there was a woman there who said she really wanted to set me up with her nephew.. kept talking about how great his is, etc.
So I told her she could give him my #.
So today I see this # on my phone of someone who called and didn't leave a message and i do reverse phone lookup on the internet and see its this guy.
So then I google him..
and this is what i find....

"A New York City attorney has been arrested when he allegedly went to Ronkonkoma to pick up - who he thought was a 13-year-old girl he met on the Internet. Suffolk County Police say it was a detective who posed as the teen-aged girl.
Suffolk Police say 30-year-old [potential date] of Manhattan is being charged with attempted dissemination of indecent material to a minor.
Police say [potential date] engaged in sexually graphic on-line chats with the a person he thought was a 13-year-old girl. He arranged to meet the girl at the Ronkonkoma Railroad station and take her back to his Manhattan apartment."


The lesson here: Google stalking is hereby totally OK. I've google stalked just about everyone I know and just about everyone I don't know. I've google stalked YOU.

And if Janet didn't google stalk potential date she'd be on his plate for dinner. Or at least on a date with a pedaphile. And when does that topic come up? I guess after dessert at Friendly's.

Janet's mom's friend e-mailed the woman who did the setting up with the found googled offense and wrote, "I think Janet is a little too old for your nephew."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home