Sunday, December 11, 2005

Conversation with My Brother

We're standing in my mom's kitchen, I'm making scallion pancakes for dinner, he's making a calzone. It's silent:

Jimmie: So... you like that Mariah Carey song?
Me: Huh?
Jimmie: Ya know the one about .. ya know...(sings)"I don't want a lot for Christmas.."
Me: Haha
Jimmie:What? You like it?
Me: Oh uh.. I guess.. I mean not really.
Jimmmie: (stops making the calzone) You don't like that song? EVERYBODY likes that song!
Me: No they don't! .......Wait,are you kidding?
Jimmie: (loud)HELEN, You are the only person I know that doesn't like.. LOVE that song!
Me: WHAT!? It's Mariah Carey!
Jimmie: (louder)YEAH!
Me: Who likes it besides you? You and Cara (his gf) like it?
Jimmie: And (his friend) Noah likes it! EVERYONE likes it, you are seriously the only person who doesn't like LOVE that song.
Me: It's on the radio like every five seconds
Jimmie: (and even louder, freaking out) Exactly because EVERYONE likes the song HELEN. Except YOU!
(Silent)
Jimmie: (stops making the calzone again)I can't BELIEVE you don't like that song!

3 Comments:

At 2:42 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i love that song!

 
At 11:32 AM, Blogger Helen said...

Well I guess I'm wrong! Points to Jimmie!

 
At 12:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow, jimmie is amazing. he should be famous...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home