Tuesday, November 22, 2005

The Girl with the Gas

Last Thursday I was sitting at my desk, bored out of my mind, just staring at the radio, listening. It was the day I didn't have internet. This jingle came up and it was sung in such a clear pure voice, but the lyrics were ridiculous. It was commercial for a gas provider and this girl sang something to the effect of "I've.... got gas!"

I sat here wondering. Did the advertisers mean it in such an ironic way? Did they laugh as they decided that a sweet sounding girl would peppily sing that she has gas. Did they laugh even more when the client bought it without realizing? Or did they realize. It does not seem to be sung ironically. It seems like they have no idea they are making the joke. Did they pitch it off the cuff as a joke and it was taken seriously? I wondered if at least the singer was in on the joke with me, or oblivious. She seemed so innocent with such a well trained voice. I thought about blogging about it, but I didn't.

Friday night I was out with Jen and some friends of hers I didn't know. We were drinking martinis when this girl mentioned that she has done some voice over work and someone said "Yeah, she's the girl who got gas."

Seriously. Mind blowing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home