Monday, November 07, 2005

Motherless East ViIlage

Saturday night I got into an altercation with an angry mother. What did I do to her child you may ask? Nope, nothing to do with that.

Sarah and I walked out of a restaurant and as I stepped out, a woman with a stroller and I ran into each other. Sarah says it was actually her that ran into me, but it doesnt' even matter because we didn't even collide. Just halted to a stop. I can assure you it's the type of thing that happens in Manhattan several hundred times a second. What followed was confusion with her 'gettin all up in my face' (now I truly know what that means) and trying to start a fight with me. I even apologized, as I didnt' realize if I somehow wasn't aware what I had done. No confusion, this mother was looking for a fight.

Then she screamed "I'll beat you with my stroller you dumb bitch. I'll scratch you with it," to which, I unfortunatly, laughed out of shock and horror and the fact that my obit woudl be hysterical. Luckily by that time I had escaped across the street and too many cars were preventing her from beating me down with a stroller.

I used to worry about what kind of mother I'd make. I'm pretty sure I'd make a better mother than this woman.

If I ever threaten beating someone up with some of my child's paraphanalia though, remind me that I was wrong.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home