Monday, October 17, 2005

No I'M the Boss of Applesauce


One of my favorite blogs to read is called "I'm the Boss of Applesauce" and it's on the improvisation message board. It's written by this mother from Los Angeles, via NYC. Her husband is an actor and they have 2 young children.I look forward to her postings and tell her stories as if she was a good friend, sometimes I forget she isn't. If I ever become a literary agent, I'm calling this woman up.

Today however, I have my own "I am the boss of applesauce" story. Over the weekend I was hanging out with my 4 year old cousin, Robbie. My aunt left the house and we were alone. Robby was eating raspberries in the kitchen when he called me over. In a rushed whisper he asked, "Helen, can I have some cereal please?" It was as if he was waiting for his mother to leave before asking me. I didn't see why not so I said, "yeah of course!" "But Helen... can you put the milk in first?" He asked me as if he expected me to yell at him after. "Of course." "Wait Helen," and he grabbed my arm, "Cereal 2nd, milk first?" "Sure!" I got out the milk, the cereal, the bown and I poured in the milk. Robby climbed up on the counter and looked me straight in the eye, "Now cereal 2nd? I REALLY want to see if it works"

After I poured in the cereal Robby got VERY excited and started shouting- "it worked! it worked!"

Later I recounted the story to his parents and they found it very odd as he had never expressed an interest in doing this and they never made an issue about putting the cereal second.

Clearly Robby is the boss of applesauce.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home