Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Sorry dude... I'm busy

I've taken a new approach to temping. I didn't think anyone had noticed but then a few minutes ago the guy I'm working for said, "Is Nicole (girl who I am filling in for while she's getting married) going to be back tommorow?" and I said "Well, I'm not gonna be here but I don't know ...." he said,"you're not?" and beamed. I laughed and said "yeah? happy about that?" and he smiled and walked into his office.

I'm really not a bad temp. I answer the phones, I take messages, I do what I'm told, but I do it fast (though efficiently) so that I can go back to doing my own shit. My new thing is that I've stopped hiding that. I got shit to do people. You're trying to market a film? Well sorry, I'm trying to find the perfect new winter sweater!

The other day he came over to my computer to look at this quote list I was supposed to be typing up, but had long ago finished, and he found a letter I'd be working on to the DP of a film I had acted in. Minimizing that he found pictures of my headshots, various IMs, real estate listings, pictures of dresses Kendall is thinking of purchasing, a wedding-to-do file of his assistants I'd been glancing at and advice on copywriting that I've been personally researching. I didn't even flinch as he was frantically going through these, I just calmly took the mouse, opened up the file and printed it out. He didn't quite seem to know how to react, (as I had really done nothing wrong) he just said "just make sure you keep Outlook open." He hasn't really bothered me since, but seems to like me enough.

Back to buisness.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home