Monday, July 25, 2005

16 layers

This is what I heard tongiht at the Upright Citizen's Brigade Theatre party. It was kinda ghetto but then there was this girl in tight green boy shorts and a fancy schmancy belt and a tight white tank top..... oh and shiny high white heels. She was talking to a guy who had, earlier in the night told me that he was THE producer for 'The Daily Show.' I said "so you're the ONLY producer, huh?" and he said 'I'm THE producer." I was like, "you should watch who you try to bed by lying to them." I didn't say that... but I basically SAID that. You know.

So anyway.. their conversation:

Guy: Are you a Kabbalist?
Girl:(defensively) What?
Guy; I see a little red string on your hand.. are you like a Kabbalist or something?
Girl: I am a student of the Kabbalah.. yes.
Guy: So like... what's up with that, why are you doing that stuff?
Girl: Well what's the problem? There's nothing wrong with Kabbahlah, other religions are like misogionist and oppressive and stuff...***
Guy: Yeah? I don't know.. its like.. you're a pretty girl wearing a string so like... what's the deal? You wanna be like wearing a red string for real?

(At this point he's like 2 inches from her face and she has her arm on his shoulder, vixen-like. A guy comes by and says, "yo dude, she's got a man." And it's funny to me b/c I've seen this guy point out to other guys that this girls' "got a man" and that the 'man' is, in fact, here at other times, during this party.)

Girl: You are like..... totally into like.. just like stuff...
Guy: Oh yeah....
Girl: Like asthetically pleasing stuff. Like I have 16 layers you don't even know about.
Guy: So for Kabbalah?
Girl: Like... a million and one girls are beautiful and like.. a million girls are beautiful and stupid. I do NOT wanna be one of those girls.
Guys: right.. right...
Girl: I am athetically pleasing.. but like I have 16 layers... you are NOT SEEING my 16 layers****

And then I had to edit that scene.


***I swear to God this is what was said

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home