Friday, March 04, 2005

Greetings Mr. Pataki....

I don't mean to be immediatly negative, but I work with a bunch of morons. I'm not proud to say that after attending a good college (the IVY of the SUNYS sweetheart! so keep walkin'...) and having enough internships and jobs to get a decent career started, I decided to leave it all to become an actress. But that's not the bad part. The bad part is the restaurant job I've been forced to deal with.

I read in a Times article a few years ago that NY has the most intelligent restaurant staff of anywhere in the world. They clearly did not survey my place of employment. I'm sure you'll hear many more of these anecdotes, (like the time the chef and the other waitresses were impressed after I scored well on the Citizenship Test Quiz the cooks in the kitchen were studying)... but today was a keeper.

I was told by my boss that the governor would be coming in to eat today. Seems a little bit odd, since I do waitress at a dive bar, but whatever you're into. Now the Chef, (this crazy egomaniacal German dude who spends 20 hours a day at the restaurant but apparently bangs 5 Asian girls a week in his calculations) interupts me mid-shift by saying "OH MY GOD I THINK THAT'S GEORGE PATAKI" and points to somone who does not, at all, resemble George Pataki. He tells me I must have missed him. I look around the restaurant (a VERY small place) and confirm that Mr. Pataki, has yet to arrive.

Later, after I served the governor (crabcake sandwich, no bun, lots of Diet Pepsi), the chef brings up the fact that I must have lied to him b/c the Governor was in fact, dining at the restaurant. Apparently, he found the need to impress me by acting like he randomly recognized the governor of the state that we live in.... Impressive.....

During the Citizenship incident he was impressed b/c I knew how many members of Senate there were so.... I guess i shouldn't have been surprised....

I love the NY Times, but I beg to differ.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home