Monday, March 21, 2005

Low Rise Cropped "Spite" Jeans

I bought clothing for no other reason yesterday than to piss someone off.

If you see that someone else has taken the last pair of your size jeans that are on sale from the rack, it's upsetting, I understand that. But what happened to me was unacceptable. I'm at the Gap in the South Street Seaport (the most disgusting smelling Gap in the country, may I add) and I find a pair of twenty dollar jeans, 20 BUCKS!

I walk out of the dressing room to model them and make my decision, but this chick has already asked a liaison (my boyfriend)if I'm taking the jeans-- before I even look in the mirror. I have no idea at this point if I am, but she's staring at me and yet addressing my boyfriend.

She proceeds to stand about 20 feet away from the dressing room with another girl, staring at me, and watching me as I try on a bunch of tops with the jeans. 10 minutes. Staring me down, whispering to each other. Cringing.

The jeans didn't look cringe-worthy but they also didn't look all that good on me. I purchased them anyway. And she stood near the register watching me do it. And then I walked out of the store truly believing that I could get jumped for clothing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home