Friday, May 12, 2006

This is what happens

The other night, as I came to the end of a story, on the phone, to my dear friend Maia she said, "Helen, if I don't talk to you for more than like 3 days, you have something RIDICULOUS to tell me."

Maia is right. It's the way life has been going for years now. I mean crazy things ALWAYS did seem to happen, but in a more stagnant fashion. Not so continual.

I agreed with her and before ending the phone call told her, "I will let you study for the next few days and only call IF something else ridiculous happens." Because what ELSE could happen right?

This was at about 9:30 pm- when I was getting on the subway to go home, eat, watch the David Blaine special with my roomates and prepare for the next day. Sedate right? Besides David Blaine royally pissing me off it doesn't seem like much could happen in my night. It was a night that I was asking for the least amount drama.

Little did I know that I would warrant a phone call to Maia a mere 5 hours later.

This is how it happens these days.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home