Monday, May 08, 2006

SLEEP IT OFF, GREEN!

Sunday morning, waking up too early, at 8:30 am, hungover and yet unable to fall back asleep I decided to run out and grab a few things.

I ran outside, for some reason thinking it was a good idea to JUST wear a tank top. And pants. Of course. But on top, a tank top, at 8:30 in the morning in early May. Needless to say I was FREEZING and being hungover and freezing makes you feel almost flulike. Which I must have looked.

I walked over to Broadway and as I was in the middle island section, the homeless man who maintains residency there addressed me, "You should maybe put on a sweatshirt."

"I know, I really should have."

There was something fatherly about his delivery and yet I couldn't quite shed this strange, ridiculous feeling of guilt that I felt that I had caused him to tell me to put a sweatshirt on.

"CAUSE YOU CAN, cause you have LOTS of sweatshirts I'm sure, that are clean and smell like freshness, as well as COATS, in an array of colors and weights." I added to his statement.

"I am so SELFISH," I thought, "How insensitive of me to do this when I COULD be warm, in my broken, but comfortable bed, or at least properly clothed. But NO I leave and inflict this upon myself when some people have NO CHOICE in the matter....than to be hungover.... and out in the cold...exposed to the elements.... in a cute navy tank top and Abercrombie sweats..... listening to their ipod...I am the WORST!"

OK, maybe I wasn't hungover, maybe I was still a tad drunk.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home