Thursday, August 31, 2006

The Implications of Talking on the Phone to my 4 year old Cousin While at Work

Him:..... but everyday she poops in the pool..
Me: WHAT!? WHO?
Him: And then.....she pooped in the pool AGAIN!
Me: Wait, who are you talking about?
Him: It wasn't much but she does it ALL THE TIME and we don't know what to do because she wants to go in...
Me: But who? Is this a friend of yours?
Him: I like her but she has to stop pooping in the pool!
Me: Robby, what's her name? Not your sister?
Him: We should call her "I can't stop pooping in the pool" HAH!
Me: Haha! Well that would be sort of mean, maybe she can't help it, ya know? But you should tell your mom.
Him: She KNOWS, she cleans it up, she can't stop her from pooping in the pool!
Me: Why does Mommy let her in the pool? Who is this? How old is she?

After literally a full five minute conversation about no other subject, mostly of him telling me stories about specific, detailed, 'poop in the pool' incidents (while I'm still sitting at my desk, at work, where I'm trying to not let on that I'm having a conversation about such a topic), I repeat for approximately the 20th time:

Me: But Robby, who are you talking about?
Him: The bunny.
Me: Ohhhhhhhhhh.... (my bosses phone rings)
Him: She's pooping all the time, and it's mostly in her cage but SOMETIMES it's IN THE POOL! Me: Robby?
Him: Sometimes she runs in the playroom and sometimes she poops in there.
Me: Robby, hold on a sec?
Him: OK!

(I answer the phone and about 20 seconds later come back.)

Me: Robby?
Him: Yeah?
Me: Sorry about that.
Him: Yeah Right.
Me: Haha! Yes I am!
Him: No your not.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home