Thursday, August 10, 2006

Let's Appreciate: Food and Tragedy and Stuff*!

Let's talk about my weekend!

*Tonight starts with a real appreciation of tragedy. (I start on Thursday, because Thursday starts the college girl's weekend, and I will always be an undergrad at heart.) So, tonight I am going to join (what I suspect will be) a bunch of Republicans to watch the World Trade Center movie in Battery Park. (I am planning on fitting in because I'm wearing a collared navy shirt dress and I am, as we speak, scouring my desk for a sweater to drape around my neck, politician wife style.)
(Interesting piece of info: I also saw the Michael Moore World Trade Center Movie, purposely, at Battery Park. So, you see, I really know how to appreciate tragedy.)

* Friday concludes (although I suspect there will be a brief standing ovation next week) "Appreciate Tribeca Week." What was that? You didn't know it was 'Appreciate Tribeca Week'? OH! It is! And it's already Thursday! Get to it! Tribeca's the best!

* At some point I'm going to appreciate cherry season by baking a cherry tart while simultaneously baking myself (my skin! not my mind!) on the roof.

* Sunday afternoon I am going to appreciate getting wasted on (bad) wine with (good) friends while eating (menza menza) Chinese Food.

And THEN. The thing I cannot get my mind off of. The thing I cannot imagine being anything but pure genius( I mean how could it not be, it has a website dedicated to it!?) : The Pretzel Croissant! And while, I cannot wait to dedicate a moment of my weekend to this, the two people who would appreciate this the most are unable to join me for this pursuit. So, the tragedy lies in being unable to find someone who will appreciate the sweet and salty together as my two vacationing friends and I would.

I don' t know if there are such people.

(Sort of a) Tragedy.

(*Stuff includes parenthesis, I obviously appreciate parenthesis.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home