Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Helen Green: It's Your Birthday!

And on the eve of this b'day, I got a gift that I could never have expected.

The doorman previously discussed, whom I was trying to woo, not only picked up the phone before I told him where I was going, but ANNOUNCED me--- using my name!

"Helen is here," he said in his soft baritone, cupping his hand over the phone like he does.

It was beautiful. It was touching. I couldn't look him in the eye I was so moved. And now we only have half a month together- it is too bad. I know I said I didn't want it but, I admit, I kind of wanted to be boys with him, and there is just not enough time for that.


Update on Mission:Y26,GF: I didn't get my nails done as promised... clearly, I cannot be trusted.

1 Comments:

At 6:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

the HK local green grocer was a fav for me as well.. until one afternoon when a young spanish worker there(maybe the same as yours) followed me halfway down the block and asked me for my hand in marriage. needless to say, i've been eating waaay less fruits and veggies since. i wish that never had happened.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home