Tuesday, July 18, 2006

A. Roaches

That's my answer. In the preverbial NY apt question of mice or roaches-- I choose roaches. Hands Down. Sure, they're terribly gross, but mice..... mice are like... grosser. Totes grosser.

Last night as I was going through my closet on a search for a proper outfit to wear today, I saw a mouse in my room. I of course FLIPPED out and jumped on my bed. It was a small mouse but it was a mouse. I HATE mice! I know, I know everyone hates mice, but I 'nightmares for days' hate mice.

I sat there, on my newly made bed. Newly made as in the day before, when I had THOROUGHLY CLEANED my room, closet and bathroom. How clean? Clean 'my friends were away in Jersey/ in London/ at wedding/ with temporarily long distance husband/ in Williamsburg at a party (and come on, that's the same thing as being away because it's not like I'm going to go out in WILLIAMSBURG!)'this weekend clean, so I had nothing to do, clean.

I called the roomate, who I believed was across the hall- a mere 6 or 7 feet from where I sat. "We have a mouse!" She was not in fact home. It came out again. I squeled then I began calling anyone who could handle such a high pitched noise after midnight.

It came out again. Called the roomate "Ok, so it's not a mouse, it's a roach BUT IT'S SO BIG IT COULD BE A MOUSE!"
When the roomate came home at 1AMish I was nursing a popsicle and a vodka soda, perched on a kitchen chair (the fight was arduous and had gone into different rooms of the apt.), Raid in one hand, newly dead humongous (c'mon it TOTALLY looked like a mouse) roach belly up on the floor.

It smelled like 2004 in the kitchen.*

Last night, we breathed a huge, Raid scented sigh of relief because we are both on the roach side of the aforementioned question. However Roomie 3 is not and she is away and knows little of the incident. So, maybe we keep this between you and me?

*I had a lot of roaches in my apt that year.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home