Thursday, May 24, 2007

Since I've Been Gone

* A relative got married.
* A friend got a puppy.
* A friend got a big promotion with a fancy new title and paycheck.
* A friend had a baby.
* A friend's song finished out the season finale of 'Grey's Anatomy.'
* A friend bought a house in the suburbs.
* I bought a dress from Anthropologie that I suspect was mistakenly marked from $128.00 to $29.99 since all of the other same dresses were not marked down that much!

In other me related news.....

*I went through the interviewing process. I got turned down by a very close to the 'job of my dreams' job. I got a few second interviews to a few extremely far from the 'job of my dreams' jobs and turned them down. I got a not 'job of my dreams' but job that could hopefully lead to the 'job of my dreams' job and took it.

*I made myself sick with nerves when faced with the need to give my boss 2 weeks notice. My friends called me nuts and told me my bosses would be happy that I was leaving that dead end job. I subsequently walked into my favorite bosses office, gave him the news and he turned away groaning, "UGH. This isn't good." He slammed a pen on his desk and returned to the stack papers he had been looking at, now shaking his head, grinding his teeth, and everyone once in a while grunting, "Uggggghhhh!" I tiptoed out of his office without any well wishes.

* My other boss threw a going away party for me- an abnormality for an administrative assistant, nevermind one with just a year at the company. A big wig in our company somehow found out and attended, which resulted in people believing they understood the abnormality and thus sending me off with a rumor that I wasn't as innocent as I looked.

*I started the new job only to realize that I am not dealing with the classiest of content. Several embarrasing meeting ensue, the last one being yesterday, when, after stuttering a bit and turning a red, a colleague of mine felt the need to help me out by offering, "the term is 'flacid.'"


Also....

...One rainy Sunday afternoon Ex-IB were in his apt watching a movie when the sounds of explosions interrupted us.... we didn't flinch until we realized that his apartment smelled like burning. A peek out the window led us to a trip outside which led us to the news that potholes were exploding in front of his building, one blowing up a car.

....Some sort of scaffolding fell from my work building crashing into windows, breaking the windows and falling to the ground on the side of my work building, mangling a telephone poll.

....A 26 year old woman in Midtown fell through the grating on the street, surprisingly it wasn't me.

In family news...

--My mom emailed me in regards to an expiring bond I had, asking if she should again tie it up for 5 years. Before mentioning the actual issue at hand though, my mom left me a message that went like this "Hey Hel, hope you're having a good week, if you could give me a call that'd be great, I just wanted to catch up with my favorite girl and see what's been up.. oh.. also do you think you're going to be getting married in the next 5 years, no rush, just tell me by Friday."

--My mom emailed me before my cousin's wedding, "Remember when I showed you what I was going to wear? I think it's too mother-of-the bridesy, but I LOVE it so if you could tell me before I return it if you are going to get married in the next 2 years that would be great. "

I actively ignored these two messages.

--I went to my cousin's wedding. I stood in the back with my brother's girlfriend as the bouquet was being tossed and was warned by another bridesmaid that she may "push [us] out of the way" if need be. We backed up further and struck up a conversation. The conversation came to a halt when a half dozen tightly packed stems of roses were hurled directly in my face. I put my hand up directly in front of my face promptly catching them. Due to her reaction at the time I suspect that my mom has taken this as a sign, and secretly taken the money out of the bond and thrown out the receipt for the outfit.




1 Comments:

At 2:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

so glad you (and cb) are finally back! promise me you won't move to bklyn too! being one body of water away is enough for now.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home