Thursday, October 26, 2006

My Friends: They're Just Like Me!

Responses to my panicked e-mail query Re: What to Wear to a Football Game:

Email Response #1:

Don't know what one wears to a football game event. are you actually going to a real live game? or just watching on tv?

Email Response #2:

Friend: You're going to the actual game, right? Like, in the stadium?

Helen: Yes.

Friend: Wow. So strange.


Email Response #3:

HAH! Wear a cheerleading outfit. I don't know...


My friends are intelligent, talented young ladies, mostly in stable, loving relationships, but when it comes to sports, we're not the girls who listened to our mothers when they told us it would impress boys if we knew the rules or went to the games. We flew by the seat of our own genuine interests. **

And so, I am proud of my friends for these answers. Brava Girls! Brava!


Oh... and then I got this....


Email Response #4

OH! Paint your face half and half- Boys like that!





(** I'd like to make it clear that I am NOT, what you would call, a "feminist.")

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home